Hungary Budapest Mission

Hungary Budapest Mission

Saturday, March 21, 2015


March 9, 2015
Dear Family,
So I’ve decided that USU is the place to go. As far as rooming, I will most likely room with Elder Lynch who is now there; because he is living with 2 other missionaries and they still have one room open. I will email him for sure and see if I can stay there. You can also try and contact him if you want. Also WHEN DOES IT START? Just out of curiosity, I would like to know because I believe I was signed up for summer at BYU.
So this week was super intense, just because so much crazy stuff happened and we were super busy, especially on Thursday and Friday and church was pretty intense also.
But we had another super good program with C, where we just talked about hope, keeping positive and that she can do this. We also talked a bit about baptism, which was super good. Then we had an amazing program with the "the gang" where it was all of us missionaries and them and we just bore a ton of testimony and talked to them about baptism and trying to get them to commit to pray about the church to find out if it’s true or not. The spirit was just so strong, it was super amazing. Sadly we’ve been so busy we haven’t been able to meet with them since, but I’m super stoked to be meeting with them again.
On Thursday we ran into "Yo man!" G. and set up and met with him, which was super funny; not really interested in learning more about the church, but hopefully soon with time. Then we had a couple other good programs, taught English class then had to hurry to the train station to go up to Miskolc to go on splits with the ZLs. Super funny because one was Godderidge and the other was my boy Raymond who I knew really well in the MTC. We went on splits together which was super sick. Raymond is a flippin amazing missionary, so of course we had some super good programs, my favorite was the last one, because it was this super cool gypsy family and there was a TON of them in this tiny apartment. They were just flipping hilarious and we had a pretty bomb lesson with them. Overall the splits were super good and super fun!
On Saturday we kinda took it easy because my comp was still sick, so we didn’t do tooo much, but we went streeting a bit and then we got a call from a member inviting us to family home evening so this young member could teach a lesson to us so she could get her young women’s medallion. It was super funny, because were just like sure, not really knowing what to expect. So we go and talk for a bit and the one girl looked super nervous and then I figured out why… when she started to speak and said the she was giving the lesson on the law of chastity. Really for us it wasn’t bad, but she was pretty nervous at first. But it actually turned into a super good program and they had quite a few questions that we were able to answer; so in the end it turned out pretty good.
Also on Sunday after church I was just dead. I had to translate a talk for Elder B. which really wasn’t too bad, but then the Sunday school teacher didn’t show, so I ended up teaching which I actually really liked and it turned out to be super good and it was pretty fun. But then for priesthood I also had to teach the lesson and there was only one other guy there and it was F... who is almost deaf and it’s almost impossible to understand because he talks super-fast and groggily (like there are Hungarians who can’t even understand him sometimes) so I just tried teaching a lesson to him which turned into him trying to teach me and talking for 30 min straight; which wasn’t bad, but it just gave me a headache, lol. In the end it was really good and I learned a lot and was able to better my language skills... it’s just tiring.
Any way, hope you guys are all doing amazing!!
Sok Szeretettel
Waldvogel ELder
VEMS

No comments:

Post a Comment