Hungary Budapest Mission

Hungary Budapest Mission

Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 9, 2015

Dear Family,


This week was quite the adventure; we had quite a few programs that went super well. Really quite a bit happened this week… We met with Teddy Bear G. who is super awesome and we gave a 3 pillars lesson where we talked about the importance of reading out of the scriptures every day, praying and attending church. It was super good and at the end of the program we decided that next time getting into detail on faith would be a perfect lesson for him, twas a sweet program. Then we met with C. which was a super good, because she had a bap date and I asked her about it and she was like… "well we talked about it being march 10th but that's impossible" so we just talked it through with her and tried to give her hope and I shared the story of one investigator in Kispest that was doing everything possible to know if the church is true; and after more than a year of working hard he said that he asked some very specific questions and got very specific answers. The story really seemed to kind of shock her and she also really wants to get some specific answers, so next time we will be talking about that quite a bit. . . I’m super excited to meet with them again.

We also decided to do some area book work because literally finding hasn't been going super well lately, so we set up with this one family and another lady so we will see how it goes with the lady. On Saturday we met with the family and... they were amazing!!! Their super religious; the dad has already read the book of Mormon a few times and frequently reads the Liahona. They have 2 super cute little kids and another on the way. The dad is a doctor and the wife was a politician of some sort and speaks super good English… and they’re just a super rendes family.

Also on Saturday we had a family history program which really made me want to do some family history work, so that is something that I would like to get more into when I get back home. Also on Sunday I had to translate for two speakers during sacrament which was super hard... at least for the first talk because she quoted like 5 prophets and they use... such… high... vocabulary. But the 2nd one was a bit easier, which was nice. Then afterwards I had to translate this interview for an hour and then and for the third hour had to teach priesthood, so I was kinda dying, but it was a really good experience.

So, today a lady asked me how I like Hungary and I told her how much I love it; especially the language. Then I realized that during my setting apart it talked about how I would love learning the language… and now I really do; even though throughout much of my mission it frustrated me a ton!! Super cool realization though!
Also some drunk guy came up to us speaking German and Hungarian and he hated my hat and was like "what the heck is this thing on your head!?" then later "you look like a dog! Get this stupid thing off!" and then takes my hat off and puts it in my hand, then later he also gave me a 
super weird hug and kissed my hand... my comp thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Anyway, hope yall are doing fantastic.

Loves,
Elder Waldvogel
VEMS

No comments:

Post a Comment