Hungary Budapest Mission

Hungary Budapest Mission

Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 2, 2015

Dear family,

Well this week was pretty sweet; going to Budapest was pretty weird, because there were a couple things that were already different. Then the "sorting hat" meeting was super crazy and nerve racking, because they put us in the same room with the new missionaries and gave us both training together, so I couldn’t focus at all, because I just couldn’t wait. Good lesson in patience I guess.

Anyway, my new companion and also my son, is . . . Elder W, he is from Murrieta, California and he’s pretty sweet. He’s super funny and he is really into learning the language. He will ask me questions all the time, and I love it, because I love talking about the language and the culture; and funny things I’ve learned throughout my entire mission.

I've really been trying to show him all kinds of finding that we do, so he can figure out which kind he likes the best, so we did a lot of tractin, streetin and tablin. We didn’t have a whole lot of success, but we did meet one cool guy who has a relative that is Mormon and he actually sometimes reads out of the Book of Mormon which is awesome! So we got his number and hopefully we can meet up with him soon.

We also gave out some Book or Mormons while tracting which was good. Then while streeting we didn’t have a ton of success for like 2 entire hours until the very last person we talked to who as we were heading home and we were on our street, we start talking to this lady who turns out to be an English teacher and speaks English super well and has met with the missionaries in the past. It was super cool and she isn’t super interesting in the church, but she was really nice and hopefully will come to English class.

Also super random/funny streeting experience, we are just walking along and then I see the fountain of "healing waters" and I’m like "oh we so gotta go and drink from it" because it’s soo Hungarian! So we go and I first take a drink and go sit on a bench to take a quick break as my comp also gets a drink... next thing I know I feel a slight splash and my companion walks over to me and is like "that guy just splashed me with water “… we were so confused and just walked away still wondering why my companion was partially soaked. Super funny!

Training so far has been pretty fun, it’s been nice to show my comp the Hungarian culture, especially with food like madár tej, pillows, milka, etc.

Other than that we weren’t able to meet with too many people this last week, so hopefully this week will be much better, as far as programs go.

Anywho hope you all have a fantastical week full of amazing stories of splendor.

Sok Szeretettel
Waldvogel Elder
VEMS

No comments:

Post a Comment