Hungary Budapest Mission

Hungary Budapest Mission

Monday, April 14, 2014

November 12, 2013

Dear Family,

 Yup thats Robi, he’s a super funny, way awesome recent convert. He still calls me sometimes. So, yea there are some places where I can buy little pins… I’ll have to look for a way awesome one. We did find this communist store and they have old commie pins which are pretty cool, but I’ll try to find some really legit Hungarian pins. I did hear something about milka making some super good Hungarian type of chocolate with gummy stuff in the middle. It comes out around Christmas time which I’m stoked to try, so I’ll probably send that and some other stuff. It seems Hungary is mostly known for their food more than anything, and lots of random stuff, but for the most part I can’t really send you pékség or super cheap pizza soooo… I’m still looking.

Anywho, this week was pretty good, yesterday we had 6 hours of finding and it was actually our most successful day so far this transfer. Speaking of transfers, I’m staying here in Szombathely for this transfer, wooot! There’s going to be a ton of transfers and changes soon, like a transfer a month because there’s so much change with missionaries leaving and coming, it’s crazy. But we had another lesson with TBone which went super well. We taught him the law of tithing and as we were telling him the blessings that come from paying a tithe, he told us how he didn’t want to pay tithing for blessings, but he wants to pay tithing to help others. He is very poor and still looking for another job; he’s such a great example of how we should do things. Not because we know we will be blessed, but that we legitimately want to help other people and strive to keep the commandments.

We also met with an inactive member who hasn’t gone to church for like 3 years. She’s about 28 and is more of a roman catholic than she is Mormon. It was really sad to see, how she didn’t believe in any of the doctrine anymore, and I was just like hogyhogy?? but at least now we have the opportunity to help her build up her faith again. It really shows that we always need to be constantly reconverting ourselves and attended church, activities and daily reading scriptures and praying because if our faith is not growing it is deteriorating. Anyway, I hope your all doing good, I’m doing awesome! My shoes are already getting destroyed and its getting really cold outside now, but all well. I picked up this cool scarf and Russian hat for free that I use that keeps me toasty (even though I look like a fool). Not too much time left, so I’ll just leave with saying that I love you all and have a great week. hope your all doing amazing!!!

sok szeretettel
Waldvogel Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment