Hungary Budapest Mission

Hungary Budapest Mission

Friday, April 11, 2014

October 22, 2013

Dear Family,

 BOLDOG SZÜLETÉS NAPOT!! That’s way awesome!! It sounds like ya'll had a blast for your birthdays especially going to the traditional corvette diner. . klasszikus! I love how all of you could celebrate it together that’s way sweet and that shake tasted pretty good :) so happy birthday to you Dad, Jael and Brayden!!!

My birthday was pretty awesome, I got to serve and help people and that day we streeted and found 2 amazing people, one guy who was from Israel and spoke fluent English and he and his friend wanted copies of the book of Mormon to learn more about our church! Other than that I just ate a ton of Palincsinta or Hungarian pancakes with Nutella, I probably gained like 5 pounds just from that one day alone but it was so delicious, and now we will be celebrating at the Hulberts in a few hours.


BIG NEWS OVER HERE: Mini transfers turned out to be really BIG, I am leaving Szeged tomorrow and going over to Szombathely or Saturdayplace(land)! It’s really sad just because things were really starting to pick up here and there’s just so many amazing people that I would have like to stay just a bit longer, and my companion and I still had so many plans especially for Halloween that are now destroyed. but all well, such is life and the Lord must have bigger plans for me. Szombathely is one of the most western cities right next to Sopron. So I’ll be pretty close to the Austrian Hungarian Border which is pretty cool. Plus it’s supposed to be super beautiful over in SATURDAYLAND! I’m really sad, but also excited. It’s impossible to describe my feelings right now.

More great news? Remember that girl we met in the forest and she turned out to be an inactive member?? probably not, but we FINALLY got her to come to CHURCH AGAIN AND IT WAS SUPER GOOD and the talk was perfect for her and all the investigators and she went to the young women’s class and she seemed to really like all of the girls there which we were super happy about because members were a big problem for her and her family. In Hungary there is a LOT of member issues which can get really bad sometimes, its really sad to see so many people go inactive just because of members. The church itself is perfect and true, but this does not mean that every single person in it is.

Either way life is good, I’m loving my mission so far even though it’s the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I’ve never learned so much, so fast and been on such a giant rollercoaster of emotions its groovy. But I always just put a smile on my face and jump into the fire and see what happens and normally it doesn’t turn out too disastrous.

I love and miss you all so much, I wish you the best and hope that you all remember the one who has given you your all.
sok szeretettel
Waldvogel Elder



No comments:

Post a Comment